New Charter with amendments had been registered on 21st of February 2018.
Article 1. General Provisions
1.1 The Federation of Euro-Asian Stock Exchanges NGO (hereinafter referred to as “Federation”) is a not-for-profit and not a profit distributing non commercial organization, in which, on the basis of their common interests, legal entities that meet the criteria set forth in this Charter have united, in the manner prescribed by the law of Republic of Armenia on Public Organizations, other legislative acts, for purposes of implementing their goals as defined in this Charter.
1.2 The Federation shall operate under the Republic of Armenia legislation, Republic of Armenia International treaties and this Charter.
1.3 The principles of the Federation’s activities include lawfulness, non-discrimination, good faith, common interests of members, voluntary membership, self-governance, and accountability.
1.4 The Federation operates in the territory of the Republic of Armenia and in foreign countries in accordance with the laws of those countries.
Article 2. Definitions and Interpretations
2.1 Member – membership in the Federation shall take the form of Full or Affiliate membership.
2.2 Full membership – the membership that can be obtained by Eurasia and the Mediterranean regions’ exchanges/trading venues, Central Securities Depositories, Central Counterparties, pre-trade and post-trade institutions, which meet the criteria defined by this Charter and the decisions of General Assembly, Legal entities which obtained Full membership are Full members.
2.3 Affiliate membership – the membership that can be obtained by Eurasia and the Mediterranean regions’ Central Securities Depositories, Central Counterparties, pre-trade and post-trade institutions, International Financial Institutions, and others approved by the General Assembly, as well as those exchanges/trading venues who do not meet the criteria for becoming Full member. Legal entities which obtained Affiliate membership are Affiliate members.
2.4 Observers – legal entities willing to become a Member of the Federation. Observers are non-member organizations, and have no rights in the Federation, although the Board can decide upon their participation to the Federation’s activities.
2.5 Partners – legal entities representing associations, federations, investment companies, banks, regulatory organizations, technology companies and others approved by the General Assembly. Partners are non-member organizations, and have no rights in the Federation, although the Board can decide upon their participation to the Federation’s activities.
2.6 Non-member organization – Observers, Partners and other legal entities with no membership status in the Federation.
Article 3. The Mission of the Federation, the Subject of Activity and Goals
3.1 The Federation’s goal and mission is to promote cooperation, development, collaboration and promotion of the capital markets of the Eurasian region (Europe, Asia, and the Mediterranean Sea).
3.2 The Federation’s activities and objectives include the following:
- promoting the international recognition of the Members;
- promoting the integration of capital markets, cross-border investments and linkages;
- organizing different conferences, forums and meetings;
- acting as an ambassador of the Members in other international organizations;
- carrying out of research and analysis, organizing their regular and periodical publication and dissemination, as well as assisting Members in their own research and analysis;
- organizing training and seminars with the involvement of both Members and non-member organizations;
- publishing and disseminating news and important events;
- committing to international best practice initiatives;
- contributing to further development of the post-trade environment in close cooperation with Members and other institutions;
- representing its Members at an international level, where appropriate;
- encouraging co‐operation, mutual assistance and adoption of best business practices within the Members;
- encouraging bilateral and multilateral investment and commercial treaties and agreements to promote cross border investments, trades and commerce within the region;
- establishing an association for systematic mutual cooperation, exchange of information, materials and persons, mutual assistance and joint programs between the Members;
- developing and promoting a data bank and information system for the mutual benefit of Members;
- disseminating information in multiple media formats, holding conferences and exhibitions and conducting other public education activities relevant to the interests of Members;
- establishing funds or a trust for purposes within the scope of these objectives;
- undertaking any other initiative or action aimed at achieving the Federation’s objectives.