BELEX 2006 Semi Annual Report Abstract

Thursday, 3 August 2006

In the first half of the 2006 turnover on the BELEX reached almost 437 million EUR, a 64.9% increase compared to the same period in 2005. In the same period number of transactions was 72.1 thousand, a slight decrease compared to the first six months in 2005. In the first quarter in 2006 monthly turnover rose, followed by a decrease in April. Nevertheless, it rebounded and in June surged to over 103 million EUR, exceeding the historical high reached at the end of 2003. Average daily turnover was 3.7 million EUR. In the total turnover shares accounted for 84.3% while the rest 15.7 % went on Republic of Serbia bonds. Share turnover was around 370 million EUR, posting a 72.7% rise as compared to the same period in 2005. For the same period bond turnover was 68.5 million EUR made through 15.2 thousand transactions. End of June market capitalization hit 7.3 billion EUR, showing a 10.1% increase compared to December 2005 value. BELEX15 was fluctuating, from historical highs of 1.153 pts recorded on 31 March