The Tehran Stock Exchange (TSE) selected Atos Euronext Market Solutions (AEMS) to provide electronic trading, clearing, settlement, depository, registry and market control systems under license, implementation and maintenance contracts.
Tehran Stock Exchange Services Company (TSESC), a subsidiary of TSE, is responsible for the actual implementation of the AEMS solutions. The agreement covers the following components:
– PAM and Web-PAM, the trading workstations including online trading
– NSC, the electronic trading system used by world-class stock exchanges in Europe,
– TCS, the electronic trading system used for Over the Counter (OTC) markets
– Aramis, the Market Supervision System
– Syn~Clear, the solution for clearing, settlement, depository, registry and associated risk management and control
These solutions have the functionalities to trade, clear, and settle various instruments including equities, warrants, rights, bonds, and derivatives. The plan is to introduce financial and commodity derivatives markets in TSE in the near future. TSESC is the main driving force for the introduction of these markets.
The study phase for implementing the solutions has been finalized. The trading system components are due to come online in the summer of 2007. The live date for the post-trade solution is planned to be in early 2008.